Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pillowcase Dress

Good Friday found me without an Easter dress for my oldest daughter.

(What? Procrastinate? Not me!)

For Chloe, I had an adorable hand-me-down dress I wore as a girl
that was hand-smocked by my lovely (and much craftier than I) Aunt Cindy
But Bailey had nothing. Not even a pattern.
So I scavenged through my sewing area and found the makings for this.

I thought about dying one of my white sheets pink
(I always have a stash of white sheets for sewing-they really come in handy)
but found a pink cotton that saved me the time.
I found pink ruffle edging at Goodwill last week for less than $1
and used those for the straps (I still have a couple yards left, too!)
Then I pulled out one of my vintage embroidered pillowcases and made a little apron.
I love how everything came together!

I have a few more pillowcases that my
wonderful mother has found for me over the years
and after seeing how sweet Bailey's dress turned out,
I can't wait to put the others to good use.

Perhaps matching dresses
like the tutorial found here.
Pillowcase Dress


Or maybe I could put together something like

Isn't that lamb the sweetest?!


Or maybe I'll make a skirt
for Bailey with a sweet little vintage sheet
layered underneath
Two Matching Vintage Floral Twin Flat Bed Sheets with Pink and Orange Flowers


So many fun ideas!
I'd better get to work...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Em!!! Her dress is sooooooo adorable!! So much better than matchy-matchy. I love how sweet they look in the picture they're together :) You are very creative and have a great eye for putting it together! Can't wait to see what else you make!
    ~Jessica/littlepumpkingrace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to read this...I just read your family blog and was wondering when in the world you found time to smock Chloe's dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love the retro feel to them. Great job.

    ReplyDelete