Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pattern Review: Bit of Whimsy Dolls

I found Bit of Whimsy through Pumpkin Grace.
Jessica was giving away a pattern
and I was immediately smitten
with the adorable faces and endless possibilities.

Then I found out Amber over at Strawberry Lane
had made a little lamb for her cutie pie for Easter.
It was adorable.
And then she told me it was easy.
And I was sold.


I made Violet.
My girls are in love
And it was so very very easy.
Great pattern for a beginner.
The instructions are simple and she
even has YouTube posts that take you through the steps.
And the best part-
it needs such a small amount of material
I made them from scraps.

On the other hand, it's a horrible pattern if you have difficulty making up your mind.
It took me two days to figure out which of the adorable patterns I would get.
And it took me longer to choose my fabrics than to actually sew it.


Now if I could just finish that baby clothes quilt...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE how your Violets turned out!!! So very very very very very sweet!! Bet your girls love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric. Can I come and live in your craft room? It looks like it would be very cozy.

    ReplyDelete