Friday, March 19, 2010

Sneaky Easter

Easter is two weeks away.
2 weeks!
I am trying to feel urgency but can't seem to muster any up.

(part of my problem is I just got myself this pattern from Lil Blue Boo
and I am so excited about the endless possibilities I can't focus on anything else)

I have nothing for the girls to wear on easter.
(I can hear my husband
"what are you talking about?
They have closets full of clothes!"
But you know what I mean...)

I have nothing to fill eggs.
Nothing for Bailey's class.
Nothing for our little friends at church.
(Which reminds me we teach that Sunday and I have no teaching plan, either...)
No handmade goodness for my girls.
No activities for the week.

Still no urgency.
Oh my.

So here is some inspiration I will be meditating on
in hopes of getting my mind off recycling Tshirts into
the most adorable little dresses ever.

I am in love with these eggs.
Thinking of making some to decorate our house.
The tutorial is over at Retro Mama
Photobucket


We played this last year and I would like to do it again this year.
It's an Easter egg hunt that teaches the meaning of Easter.
I saw it over at Make and Takes.


This year Secrets of a Super Mommy used a similar idea
as a countdown to Easter.
I love her Easter tree, too!


Maybe I'll make the girls some hair clips.
There's a cute little bunny template over at Allsorts.
Bunnypinpic


Or I could just buy some.
The Pickled Pumpkin always has cute clips.
(No it's not a bunny. But it's cute!)
Penelope the Puppy Felt Clip



This is pretty cute, too.
Crunchy Carrot - Fun Felt Clip



I want to make these.
And eat them.
But I should give them away.
Easter Bunny S'mores found over at Creative Gift and Party Ideas
(thanks Tip Junkie for the link!)




These would be great for the girls Easter baskets.
They would love to have their own little hankerchiefs!
See how over at Domestic Goddess.
handkerchief easter bunny




For my birthday my Mother gave me a
beautiful vintage egg holder.
I would love to make these to set inside it.
I even picked up some mini fake flowers to use.
From Martha Stewart (of course).
Flower Arrangements in Eggshells



Maybe I could whip up some skirts for the girls.
The pattern over at the Polkadot Chair has become my favorite.
Quick, easy and cute.
She also has a tutorial for a matching doll skirt.


Oh, and I am SO in LOVE with these doll patterns.
I would have bought one by now but I can't decide which one.
She even has a Bailey Bunny!



Dana is putting together a Passover meal for us
to celebrate the last supper.
I love this part of Easter and I am so grateful she
goes through the hard work of putting the traditional meal together
(along with all the scriptures and meanings!)


Happy Easter planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment